Workshops and talksOnline and/or in-house
PhD, and next? Career options, skills and orientation for scientists
Topic area: Career development
Format: Online or in-house workshop
Workload: 4 webinars of 2-2.5 h each = 2 workshop days
Trainer: Karin Bodewits, Philipp Gramlich or Lisa Steinhauser
Target group: PhD students and postdocs
So, you finally have a science degree- or will in the future. What to do with it? Are all doors open to you or is there still a lot of work to be done?
In this course you´ll learn about:
- About yourself: Your interests, values and skills
- Career options: There are many more options than you think and you will be able to change between them
- Shall I do a postdoc or not?
- Skill development: Which (hidden) skills do you already have, which can you develop during your time in academia
- Skills match: What do employers want from you? How to sell yourself?
About making notes during the course
All participants receive a script of the course in PDF format for offline and future use so that they can work through the material offline as well as after the course. All videos contain a full, downloadable transcript. All eBooks on the learning platform are downloadable in pdf format.
This workshop can be combined with Job application and interview strategies for scientists to give the workshop Goodbye academia?, which gives a complete overview over the most common career development topics for scientists.
Get in touch with us
Meet all available trainers
Workshops and talks you may like