Workshops and talksOnline and/or in-house
Leadership skills: How to row the boat
Duration: 2-3 days or 4-6 webinars of 2-2.5 h each = 2-3 workshop days
Course type: Online or in-house seminar
Target group: Postdocs and junior group leaders
Trainer: Philipp Gramlich
Leadership has undergone changes- in parallel with changes to our work environments. Flatter hierarchies, project work in a matrix structure and more rapid changes of assignments, locations and colleagues are but some of the new challenges we all face. Interpersonal skills become ever more important when leading a team or a project: for motivation, conflict resolution or work delegation.
Hire for quality!
- How to get the best team and not just clones of yourself
- Overcoming biases in staff selection and other work processes
- Prevent conflicts by your lab set-up: communication and practicalities
- Deescalate and resolve conflicts by mediation and through fair negotiations
- Escalate professionally if necessary
- Can we find a leadership style that fits all types and is this even desirable?
- Who to delegate to in your diverse team and how?
- Staff development
Feedback and other one-on-ones
- Giving and receiving critical feedback
- Feedback in the international context: how (in-) direct can I be?
Course flow online
This seminar can be offered to a wide range of target groups (PhD students to PIs). However, there should be a focus in the target group, e.g. a course for young scientists without prior formal leadership experience or for more experienced ones, who have already experienced this situation.
This course can be combined with How to get research funding from industry to give the integrated 4-day programme Leading your own group.
Get in touch with us
Meet all available trainers
Workshops and talks you may like