Build-your-own website for scientists
Online or in-house talk
PhD students, postdocs and group leaders
Many academics have their own personal homepage. Creating such a website is not only a fun thing to do, but can also help in terms of career progress and visibility. Compared to social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and ResearchGate, it gives researchers greater control over how they present themselves online.
In this talk, we’ll look at some best practice websites as well as tips and pitfalls.
What will I learn from this talk?
- Why should I invest the time to create my website?
- Group homepages versus personal pages
- What makes a good website?
- Should I create a static page or a blog?
- Who will visit your homepage and why?
- A quick look at ready-to-use template providers and search engine optimisation
Do you want to learn more about how you can leverage your digital presence to enhance your career? Then our talk LinkedIn for scientists or our workshop Navigating social media might be interesting for you.