Workshops and talksOnline and/or in-house
Scientific posters: design and pitching
Duration: 3 webinars or 2-2.5 h each = 2 workshop days
Course type: Online or in-house seminar
Trainer: Karin Bodewits, Philipp Gramlich, Jo Richers or Marloes ten Kate
Target group: PhD students
An effective poster presentation requires a cleverly designed poster, appropriate use of language and special techniques for presenting. This course will give you the skills you need to create professional, attractive and high-impact posters and give you the opportunity to practice the communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience.
In this course you´ll learn more about...
- Your audience and their needs
- Crafting the 'story' of your poster
- Design posters - structures, layout, software, colours, lures, visual impact and best/ worst-practice examples
- Graphical abstracts
- How to present your data
- How to write an engaging abstract
- Dialogues & Q&A sessions
- The communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience
- Basic self-presentation skills – presenting yourself, your research and the poster
Course flow online
- Presenting yourself, your research and the poster itself
- Learn to interact with the audience (leading with questions, answering questions, discussion)
You have the opportunity to receive video feedback on your poster pitch. This course can be combined with Oral presentation and Self-presentation and networking to give the integrated 4- to 5-day programme At the conference.
Get in touch with us
Meet all available trainers
Workshops and talks you may like