Duration: 1-2 days
Course type: In-house seminar
Trainer: Karin Bodewits or Philipp Gramlich
Target group: PhD students
Number of participants: Max. 12
An effective poster presentation requires a cleverly designed poster, an appropriate use of language and special techniques for presenting. This course will give you the skills you need to create professional, attractive and high-impact posters and give you the opportunity to practice the communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience.
In this course you´ll be able to:
– Perform a context analysis (who, when, where, why, what)
– Craft the ‘story’ of your poster
– Poster as chore or opportunity?
– Poster as catalyst for networking
– Structure and layout
– Best/ worst-practice examples
– Optimise the impact of illustrations and graphs
– graphical abstract
– Presenting yourself, your research and the poster itself
– Learn to interact with the audience (leading with questions, answering questions, discussion)
You have the opportunity to receive a video feedback of your poster pitch.