This interactive seminar with role-playing, public speaking exercises, argumentation examples and debates, will help scientists to successfully engage during a wide variety of interactions with other scientists and non-scientists. Your discussions will never be the same again. You will convince your boss to buy this fantastic Mass Spec. You will disarm other people´s arguments against you as you can look behind their facade. And last but not least, you will win on paper (e. g. proposals)!
- Fear of (public) speaking
- Feedback, eye contact, group size
Structuring your argumentation
- Head, body, tail
- 3 is it!
- Style figures (drag the attention)
- What is debating?
- How to use debating skills in your professional life?
- Good arguments & fallacies
- How to convince that the current policy MUST change!
- Interpretation & differentiation
- Problem, cause(s), plan, solutions, consequences, conclusions
Targeting the audience
- Ad ethos
- Ad pathos
Variations: Practice makes perfect, and there is always more to learn. Therefore (on request), this course can be expanded by 1 or more extra days.