Duration: 1-2 days
Course type: 10% theory, 90% practical examples
Trainer: Karin Bodewits or Philipp Gramlich
Number of participants: Max. 12
An effective poster presentation requires a cleverly designed poster, an appropriate use of language and special techniques for presenting. This course will give you the skills you need to create professional, attractive and high-impact posters and give you the opportunity to practice the communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience.
In this course you´ll be able to:
– Perform a context analysis (who, when, where, why, what)
– Learn to design posters – structure, layout, visual impact and best/ worst-practice examples
– Optimise the impact of illustrations and graphs
– Craft the “story” of your poster
– Practice your communication skills
– Acquire poster presentation skills – presenting yourself, your research and the poster itself
– Receive a video feedback on your poster pitch
– Learn to interact with the audience (leading with questions, answering questions, discussion)
You have the opportunity to receive a video feedback of your poster pitch.